As part of our 75th Anniversary Celebration in 2014-15, we conducted a Capital Campaign to raise $250,000 in order to make needed improvements to the building and our theater facilities. We’re excited to report that we achieved our goal of $250,000 — and will be able to make the capital improvements for which we had planned.
- The installation of a new Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system – one that is highly energy efficient and programmable to meet the widely varying climate needs of a live theater (completed)
- Replacement of exterior awnings – which were both tattered and worn and in danger of imminent collapse (completed)
- Critical upgrades to our sound and lighting systems in order to meet modern digital standards (in progress)
- New digital keyboards to enhance our musical productions (in progress)
- Major renovation of our dressing room facilities, a long overdue project (summer 2016)
Of course, we could also not have achieved all of these capital improvements without the support of the Monroe County Tourist Development Council that provided matching funds for many of these improvements.
Thank you all for your support of the Waterfront Playhouse!